Surveying is the first step in any project, and we know it must be done right. In this role, you’ll work closely with our field crews to collect data and product quality surveys while prioritizing safe and precise work. Sounds like something you’d enjoy? Check out the full description and apply below.
- Work with Surveying Crew Chief to collect field data for various types of surveys, including boundary, topographic, construction layout, as-builts, ALTA, and utility surveys.
- Operate surveying equipment, including GPS, Total Station, levels, and data collectors.
- Generate field sketches and detailed notes of daily work.
- Maintain assigned equipment and an orderly work environment.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of surveying experience (preferred)
- Strong mathematical and communication skills
- Trimble survey equipment experience (Total Station and GPS)
- Precise field note keeping and documentation skills
- Ability to walk long distances and long hours (nights, weekend, and out of town work possible)
- Ability to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material
- Adhere to Croy safety guidelines, including work using GPI-standard PPE (e.g., hard hat, safety vest, work boots, and safety glasses/goggles)
- Valid driver’s license and clean motor vehicle report
- Must be able to pass background check as a part of employment screening
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Position Location – Huntsville, Ala. or Marietta, Ga.
- Employment Status – Full-time
- Education Requirement – High School/GED
- Experience – 2 years (preferred)
- Compensation – based upon experience
- Benefits – Health insurance, 401(k), short-term and long-term disability insurance, dental insurance, wellness program, one month paid vacation per year (accrued), and ten paid holidays
- Travel – As needed (Southeast United States)