Croy’s staff assisted Gilmer County with the original airport site selection, prepared the Airport Master Plan, and assisted the County with the design and construction of the initial 3,500’ x 50’ runway. Over its decades of service to Gilmer County, Croy has updated the Airport Layout Plan, Exhibit “A” Property Map, Terminal Area Plan, and Approach Zones Plan on numerous occasions.
In the past decade, Croy has assisted the County with its efforts to secure funding, as well as with the planning, design, bidding, contract administration, and resident inspection of projects, including:
- Rehabilitation of the runway, taxiway, and apron pavement
- Widening of the runway
- Land acquisition and obstruction clearing
- Installation of runway lights
- Apron expansion
- Crack sealing and re-marking of the runway
- Installation of a new rotating beacon tower
- Construction of two 120’ x 100’ hangar buildings
- Water main extension
- PAPI-II relocation
- Site selection and securing funding for an AWOS installation
- Contract administration services for AvGas fueling facility.