Surveying is the first step in any project, and we know it must be done right. In this role, you’ll supervise field operations and crews in the field, while prioritizing safe and precise work. Sounds like something you’d enjoy? Check out the full description and apply below.
- Supervise all field operations, such as measurements, drawing of sketches, construction staking, property corner staking, and other data collection.
- Act as the point-of-contact for clients in the field and communicate the progress of the project to the Survey Manager and/or engineer.
- Provide guidance to technicians on use of survey equipment and ensure that crew members follow standard procedures.
- Use field data and notes to draft projects to completion using CADD software.
- Operate GPS and scanning equipment with knowledge of their capabilities.
- Manage daily downloading of data collectors.
- Troubleshoot problems with field equipment and fix minor issues in the field.
- Inform the Survey Manager about survey equipment that needs repairs or supplies that need to be ordered.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience as a Survey Crew Chief (pay commensurate to experience)
- Boundary/cadastral survey experience (GDOT/ALDOT/TDOT database prep experience preferred)
- Topographic mapping skills with the ability to draw detailed sketches of structures
- Trimble survey equipment experience (Total Station and GPS)
- Ability to perform calculations and work with computer programs
- 107 pilots license (preferred)
- Precise field note keeping and documentation skills
- Ability to walk long distances, work overtime/nights/weekends/out of town (as needed)
- Ability to work in Atlanta, Huntsville, and Chattanooga (as needed)
- Valid driver’s license and clean motor vehicle report
- Ability to read, write, and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Basic computer skills and the ability to create and/or edit in Microsoft Suite software
- Ability to stand for a minimum of three hours per day (up to eight hours per day)
- Ability to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven group varying in height and consistency of material, with variation of elevation 12 inches or less (i.e., mud, gravel, rutted ground, etc.)
- Required to wear and work using GPI-standard PPE (i.e., hard hats, safety vests, work boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.)
ABOUT THE ROLE
This employee will receive supervision from Croy’s Survey Manager. The ideal candidate is someone who wants to further their career, shows stability and aptitude, and possesses a positive attitude. This person will need to have the ability to take instruction, learn, consult, give direction, act responsively, drive safely, work efficiently, and grow with our company, in addition to demonstrating hard work, collaboration, and diligence.
- Position Location – Marietta, Ga. or Huntsville, Ala.
- Employment Status – Full-time
- Education Requirement – High School / GED
- Experience Requirement – 2+ years
- Travel – Yes