- Develop and design transportation systems, including roads, highways, and other infrastructure, to ensure safe and efficient movement of people and goods.
- Utilize OpenRoads and Civil 3D software to create detailed design plans, profiles, cross-sections, and alignments for transportation projects.
- Collaborate with project teams to develop innovative and cost-effective transportation solutions that align with client objectives and project requirements.
- Work closely with clients, GDOT, municipalities/counties, and stakeholders to gather project requirements, address concerns, and ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and standards.
- Prepare and review technical reports, feasibility studies, and cost estimates for proposed transportation projects, considering factors such as environmental impact, land use, and community needs.
- Utilize advanced software tools, such as OpenRoads and Civil 3D, to create 3D models, simulations, and visualizations for effective project communication and stakeholder engagement.
- Stay informed about industry advancements, emerging technologies, and best practices in transportation engineering, and actively participate in professional development activities to enhance knowledge and skills.
- 2-4 years of experience in the transportation engineering field.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a related field from an accredited engineering school.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification is a plus.
- Experience with OpenRoads and Civil 3D software is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with multidisciplinary teams, clients, and stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to stay updated with industry advancements and engage in continuous professional development.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Position Location – Marietta, Ga.
- Employment Status – Full-time
- Company-Provided Benefits – Health, dental, and vision insurance; short-term and long-term disability; long-term care; and life insurance
- Additional Benefits – Flexible spending accounts (medical and dependent); 401(k) savings plan with company match; wellness program; tuition reimbursement; ten paid holidays; and one month paid time off (accrued)